||30 April 2017
||New Bremen, Ohio, USA
Crown Equipment is looking for a User Experience Researcher with a passion for creating exceptional digital products.
If you thrive in a creative environment and have demonstrated excellence in UX research, we're interested in hearing from you.
You'll love working with us if you value...
- Creating digital experiences across our SaaS, mobile, web, embedded, and automation products
- Our track record of innovation: 100+ international design awards
- Working with award winning designers: You'll play an instrumental role in a growing UX design and research team
Our global focus:
We have offices, branches and manufacturing facilities across the globe Position
- The position will report to the Manager of Design Research and support the research priorities of the Interaction Design (IxD) team.
- This is a one-year contract position, and requires on-site work in our New Bremen, Ohio headquarters at least one day per week. We estimate ~40 hours of work every week.
- The ideal candidate will be located within commuting distance of New Bremen, Ohio (Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis, Fort Wayne)
What you'll do:
- Provide clarity on what our users are doing and why
- Frame research plans that identify product goals, objectives, and testing methods
- Proactively identify new research opportunities that have potential for product impact
- Lead and incorporate a variety of research methodologies such as moderated usability testing, contextual inquiries, surveys, card sorting activities, persona/scenario development, and unmoderated or remote studies
- Manage the integration of analytics and qualitative research
- Analyze and document user needs, task analysis, product requirements, competitive products and industry trends
- Create representations of user needs and everyday practice including task/system maps, wireframes, and other charts or representations, as well as traditional narratives (written reports)
- Collaborate with teams of interaction designers, developers and other researchers
- Establish user experience research best practices and standards
What you can demonstrate:
- Ability to plan, conduct, research, analyze and synthesize usability studies, behaviors and trends into actionable recommendations that inform requirements, design strategy and execution
- Experience with developing screeners, overseeing the user recruiting process, writing and developing test plans, discussion guides, and user task flows
- Deep toolbox of fundamental research methodologies, especially ethnography, contextual inquiries, heuristic evaluations, card-sorting exercises, usability studies (in-person and remote), rapid prototyping, and others as appropriate
- Experience with web and mobile app interface design, responsive design, iOS, Android, PC, and Mac. Experience with embedded displays on industrial products a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics or similar analytics packages for uncovering insights and comparing with qualitative research
- Experience conducting research within an agile software development process
- Excellent communications skills including visualization, communication design, report writing and presentation for technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work in a continuously iterative research process
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage strict, frequent deadlines
- Must be able to commute to our New Bremen, Ohio headquarters at least one day per week
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, or similar fields (Master's degree preferred)
- 3-5 years of hands on work experience. You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in planning, conducting, analyzing and communicating usability studies
- Proficient in the use of tools to document and communicate findings, including the Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be willing and able to travel for field research up to 25% of time
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and anything you'd like us to know about you.
About Crown Equipment:
Crown Equipment Corporation is one of the world's largest lift truck manufacturers and a leading innovator in material handling equipment and technology. With over 13,000 employees, 18 manufacturing facilities, and 500 retail locations across 84 countries, Crown has a vast global presence. Crown-designed automation and fleet management technologies like QuickPick Remote and InfoLink are revolutionizing the material-handling industry.